Addison and I played on her mat and read a couple books. Then while she took a nap (which was very inviting to join in but I resisted) I cleaned the house up a little bit. I like being home and having a routine even if it is just laundry, dishes, and making dinner. Of course if our coffee maker broke I imagine that routine would not be as enjoyable. We had a good day with minimal meltdowns, the worst of which was caused by mommy coming home and waking her up by taking her out of her swing while I was making dinner.
At the apartment things went well and I even had to take the risk of taking her to the store to get some groceries. We things at the store went fine, to the extent that Addison couldn't be bothered by anything that wasn't her pacifier or her meow (pink cat thing), see picture below. On the way home from the store though stopped for an ice tea from sonic (Addison didn't want anything, I asked) and it took twenty minutes. This made me an unhappy camper. Addison though fell asleep which brings me to two more points of parenting I have picked on.
Time management: if you think you have, you don't, and no matter how hard you try you will never find it. You can hope to stay ahead of the ball but I find at best its good enough just to keep up.
And movement: The only time I worry about Addison is when she stops moving and it is because I am over paranoid. If at some point she stops playing or finally goes to sleep at night I have to get up and feel her tummy move up and down as she breathes. Hopefully this instinct will subside a little because I will be a little strange to do when she is 16.
Now for pictures:
![]() |
| Addison at the store. Thanks for looking at the camera. |
Also have a picture from Danica's aunt Kelly helping to show who Addison is going for in the whole March Maddness (should have had her wear some others too because my bracket is shattered)
Thanks for reading.


No comments:
Post a Comment