Sunday, January 9, 2011

Intro to the world...

Maybe watch/listen to the below video to feel the real power of the introduction of my daughter.



I began this blog to convey my words of wisdom and my experiences as I stay at home with my new daughter. Most people that will read this will already know myself and my wife but any that don't I will give you some details.

My name is Lucas and my wife is Danica. I stay at home and do some computer work and also some political consulting work (which I am trying to get more of). Danica is in her second year of teaching kindergarten in the Kansas City KS school district and loves her work but is definitely going to miss Addison when she goes back to school at the end of the month. On December 28th, 2010 we welcomed our first child into the world. A bouncing baby girl named Addison Marie Mitchell. She came out beautiful and loudly, tipping the scales at 6 lbs. 15 oz. She decided that Danica had made too comfortable a home and we had to go in after her and she was brought to the world via C-section. Danica is still recovering so a lot of the work has fallen on my shoulders and I am doing as much as I can to help out baby and wifey.

Since we have been home Addison has been great. She has been sleeping well (and often) and she is making the transition well. She has plenty of little quarks already that we are noticing and it is exciting to already see her growing and developing.

I wanted to create this so that I didn't have to bombard my Facebook with baby stuff and it also allows me to do it in a little more personal a manner. The ultimate goal is to make my own website with my own know how (that I have been slowly teaching myself).

Most of all I want to thank the tremendous amount of support, help, and food that our friends and family have given us. It has been great seeing people and introducing Addison to the world a few people at the time. We look forward to the continued introductions that we are going to make to those people that have not met our little princess yet.

Well that will be it for this evening. I really just wanted to throw something up to get this started so that I can hop on and do updates.

Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

  1. Seems familiar...

    http://fatherknowsshit.blogspot.com/

    I've never understood the term "bouncing" in reference to a newborn infant...seems to me that bouncing them could cause some severe issues.

    Good luck with this, I have too much free time and need something more to read all semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not trying to reinvent the wheel just putting stuff up for friends and family members to read. If other people read it that's okay too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be reading your blog and watching your family develope. Enjoy gm

    ReplyDelete